Sunday 4 December 2011

It's Eleven O'Clock Somewhere...

My clerk Bernadette showed up for work on Friday and was great. She did her work without my asking and she even helped me sterilize instruments. Overall, I was very impressed with her and was looking forward to working with her until we leave for Kugluktuk on Wednesday.

It's Saturday morning and I expect Bernie to show up at nine, after-all, she told me Friday night that she would be seeing me tomorrow at that time. Ten o'clock comes around and Bernie is still MIA and I could really use some help. I decide to give her a call and see if she is planning on coming in to work.

I dial her phone number...
She answers, "Hello".
"Bernie, are you coming to help me at work today"?
She responds in slight confusion, "Is it nine o'clock already"!?
"No Bernie, it's ten o'clock".
"Ohhhh. I'm so sorry my dear, but I am slightly intoxicated right now".
"Are you serious"? I say with a slight laugh. "Can you at least come in for one"?
"Oh no. Not today. I will try to sober up for tomorrow at one though."
There is not much I can do in this situation except laugh and hope that I will see her Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment